lemon sky trifle
12 Italian ladyfinger cookies.
1/2 cup Coco Sky
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
8 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 tbsp unsalted butter
- Place ladyfinger cookies on a rimmed baking
- sheer and drizzle with Coco Sky liqueur, let stand for
- about 2 minutes. In a large bowl whisk heavy cream
- with confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the sugar, lemon
- zest, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt. Place pan over
- medium-heat, cook, whisking constantly, until the
- mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon,
- and small bubbles form around the edge of the pan,
- for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add the butter while
- continuing to whisk until butter has melted.
- Pour the lemon mixture into a glass bowl,
- press plastic wrap against the surface and refrigerate until cool. Place 6 soaked ladyfingers in a serving
- bowl. Top with 1/3 cup lemon mixture, repeat this
- process. Top with whipped cream, refrigerate 3 hours
- before serving.